60% of North American Museums Charge Admission - The Association of Art Museum Directors (AAMD) has released its annual report which details statistics about how museums in North America have been doing. New data in the report shows that in 2015, 60 percent of museums charged for admission. The other 40 percent offered, for the most part free admission, with a select few museums operating on a suggested donation policy. The report has a lot of fascinating statistics, including average operating expenses and object acquisition sources.
Artworks by Chagall, Matisse, & More Stolen From Trailer in LA - Several artworks by Leroy Neiman, Joan Miro, Marc Chagall, and Henri Matisse have been stolen, along with the trailer that housed them, from an industrial park in LA. The works, with a combined value of $250,000, were taken in November and questions are being asked as to why it is only now being made public. Bafflingly, the owner had left his valuable collection parked on the street because he had “run out of storage space.”