Thursday, October 8, 2015

Video: Exploration



"Exploration" is one of the best entries in the CineSpace short film being held by NASA.  It's basically a movie trailer showcasing NASA's scientific legacy.

Speaking to Lens Distortion, Thompson discussed his motivations for creating the film:
"When I think of NASA, as I’m sure is the case with most people, I immediately jump to the space race and man landing on the moon. I think of pride and ambition and wanted to celebrate that in this short, so that was my starting point. I came up with several ideas which I still like and will hopefully use in the future as my own shorts. These were more narrative and sci-fi based, but my mind kept going to a sort of compilation/documentary summation style – shots jumping back and forth between time, between archive footage, between people and space."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...