Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Sculpture: Howl’s Moving Castle

Howl’s Moving Castle


I'm a huge fan of Miyazaki's Howl's Moving Castle.  Clearly, though, my love doesn't hold a candle to Liz Marek's, because a ceramic piece of this size and intricacy could only be an act of love. Read more about how this piece was created at Instructables.
"It's about time I posted some details about my epic ceramic project from the winter. The process was long, there were a few bumps in the road and a few scares but I finally finished my beloved castle and it's time to show it off!! I have had a love for ceramics and building whatever pops into my head out of clay ever since I took a ceramics class for my elective back in 2007. There is something so relaxing and fulfilling about building something with your hands that becomes a functional/beautiful permanent thing. My Howl's Moving Castle project began with a love for the movie itself. When I first saw Hayao Miyazaki's film, I instantly fell in love with the characters and the dreamlike story. Who wouldn't love a magical castle that transported you through dimensions?"


Howl’s Moving Castle

Howl’s Moving Castle

Howl’s Moving Castle

Howl’s Moving Castle

Howl’s Moving Castle


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...