Friday, April 3, 2015

Crafts: Studio Ghibli Nesting Dolls

Studio Ghibli / Hayao Miyazaki No-Face Spirited Away & Totoro Russian nesting dolls by Alice Darkling

Studio Ghibli Nesting Dolls by Stamford, England-based Alice Darkling
Prints available for purchase from Etsy.
"I spent a couple of days painting some nesting dolls with characters from two of my favourite Studio Ghibli films - No-Face from "Spirited Away" and Totoro from "My Neighbour Totoro".

The large Totoro and the No-Faces are individual Russian dolls that open up to reveal a surprise inside - GOLD!! (Or, golden wrapped sweeties...) I wanted to put acorns inside Totoro but couldn't find any so sweeties will have to suffice. The No-Face dolls have his white mask on one side, and then when you turn him around you see his big true mouth. I used golden sweeties to mimic the gold that No-Face hands people in the film."


Studio Ghibli / Hayao Miyazaki My Neighbor Totoro Russian nesting dolls by Alice Darkling

Studio Ghibli / Hayao Miyazaki No-Face Spirited Away Russian nesting dolls by Alice Darkling

Studio Ghibli / Hayao Miyazaki My Neighbour Totoro Russian nesting dolls by Alice Darkling


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...