Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Sketches: Passport Doodles


Passport Doodles by Leonard Combier

Léonard Combier’s takes ordinary passports and transforms them into a magnificent compact worlds of intrinquite drawings, quotes, tiny details and intertwined stamps. His carefully calculated doodles are constructed with hundreds of shapes, forcing you to take a closer look at the passport and dissect the different stories.  Eyeballs are common throughout his drawings - makes sense on a passport. 

Combier told the Telegraph, "I draw what’s in my head without any idea of the final result - I don’t even know what I will draft five seconds later. When I’m drawing on a passport, I try to melt the stamps with my drawings. I really enjoy playing with the stamps, the visas and writing little messages that I know will be read by the customs officer."










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...