Friday, March 13, 2015

Fan Art Round-Up: Terry Pratchett

Shaking Hands with Death by Sandara

"Shaking Hands with Death" by Singapore-based Sandara
Terry Pratchett Fan Art Gallery

So this week, we've lost one of the greatest fantasy writers of our generation, Sir Terry Pratchett.  Coming so close on the heels of the deaths of Lenard Nimoy and Ray Bradbury, the loss feels a bit overwhelming.  These men played such an enormous part in my childhood,  loosing them all at once feels a bit like the floor falling out beneath my feet.



My humble tribute


“DON’T THINK OF IT AS DYING


Terry Pratchett


Farewell, Sir Terry Pratchett by Ab3nd


Such a sad day today. Terry Pratchett was my favourite author since high school. I’d go in early with my sister, and curl up in a chair in the library with his books. His books take up a good third of the bookshelf beside me. I’ve never read an author with such a sense of character and humour, a world with such a level of development. Terry Pratchett may be gone, but the stories he wrote will remain (and I’m sure tomorrow, there’ll be another sun rise on Discworld).

"Terry Pratchett" by Australia-based Lisa Rye

AT LAST, SIR TERRY, WE MUST WALK TOGETHER by FoxInShadow



"...I would shake hands with Death." by Atlanta, Georgia-based Arekay


So long. by AlectorFencer


Sir Terry Pratchett by ladynlmda


Check Mort by Paul Kidby



Created by Paul Kidby

AT LAST, SIR TERRY, WE MUST WALK TOGETHER.RIP Sir Terry Pratchett


Part of my inspiration died with Pratchett recently, I owe him TOO MUCH. In capital letters too. Thanks Terry.

"AT LAST WE MUST WALK TOGETHER" by Valencia, Spain-based Núria Tamarit



Sir Terry Pratchett (28/04/1948 – 12/03/2015)

"At Last, Sir Terry" by Australia-based Kite


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...