Monday, January 5, 2015

Paintings: Smaug's Attack


Source: Imgur via Reddit

This Redditor repainted this old thrift shop painting into a scene from The Hobbit featuring Smaug.  It's amazing, but I keep waiting for one of these artists to discover that the painting he chose was actually valuable.  Nonetheless, the final product is an amazing piece I'd be glad to hang on my wall.
"I've seen several people who take old pictures and then paint on top of them so I thought that I would give it a go.
I decided that I would paint something for my dad, his new apartment is looking rather bland. He's a huge Lord of the Rings fan and we had just seen the new Hobbit film so I thought something middle earth inspired would be perfect."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...