Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Featured Site: #DarthDays

#DarthDays

"#DarthDays" by Evanston, Illinois-based artist George Folz

To celebrate the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens in December this year, illustrator Gerard Folz has resolved to draw a single scene from the original Star Wars movies each and every day in 2015.  Folz is only a few days into his project, but he's off to an impressive start.  As you can see, his drawing style is reminiscent to that of the original Marvel Star Wars comic book series

You can see examples of his work below, and follow his progress through the rest of the year through Twitter or using the #Darthdays hashtag on Facebook.
"I’m treating this as my warm-up exercise for the year— a way for me to have fun, and do something on a daily basis that is completely removed stylistically from The Roman Nose.
Additionally, for the duration of this project, I’ll be giving away my original black and white art once a week. At the end of the given week, if you’ve seen something that you like over the last seven days, shoot me a message on Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter or what-have-you and the first person who messages me will get the drawing of their choosing."







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...