Friday, January 23, 2015

Fan Art: Rocket and Groot

We are Groot.


So, I got Guardians of the Galaxy for Blu-Ray for Christmas, and, in the past month, I think that I've watched it at least twenty times.  It's surprisingly re-watchable, more than any other title my collection, with the exception of The Matrix, which I once left playing on a loop for two months straight because I didn't have cable or internet or a car and I was going a little stir crazy.

My point here is that despite seeing this movie time and time again, the ending never fails to leave a Groot-shaped hole in my heart.  I'm desperate for the big guy to get back into the action in the sequel.  In the mean time, I thought I'd celebrate the fact that I've own this amazing movie for a month now with a round-up of the best Groot and Rocket fan art on the web.




Wetrilo


Katie A.M.

Prints available for purchase from RedBubble.

Mike Mitchell


zzigae

"GOTG - Not Crying" by South Korea-based zzigae

Axel MedellĂ­n

Prints available for purchase from StoreEnvy.

Naomi Romero

Prints available for purchase from RedBubble.

Aktherenoth

"We are Groot" by Atlanta, Georgia-based Aktheneroth
Prints available for purchase from Society6. US$35

Rebels of the Galaxy by TeeTurtle

"Rebels of the Galaxy" by TeeTurtle
Prints available for purchase from the TeeTurtle Shop.

We are GROOT by Kate-FoX


Rocket and baby Groot, rocking out to The Beatles by Abraham Lopez.

Prints available for purchase from Etsy. US$18

The Giving Groot by Isaac Goodhart, after Shel Silverstein


Spark of Life by Jenny Harder

"Spark of Life" by United Kingdom-based Jenny Harder

Groot and Rocket by Uminga

"Groot and Rocket" by Chris Uminga

Hooked on a Feeling by HanMonster


The Brute and the Groot by HartmanArts


Rocket and Groot tribute to Steve Steigmans Blown Away

"This is my Rocket and Groot tribute to Steve Steigman’s Blown Away photo. I loved Guardians of the Galaxy. It had such a retro sci-fi feel, with the colors and the music. This seemed like a perfect way to show Rocket and Groot’s friendship."
An adorable baby Groot for your dashboard by Zach Smithson.


Rocket and baby Groot by p1xer


First Encounter by Sunstark

"First Encounter" by Canada-based Sunstark

Pallet 13 Groot and Rocket


Guardians Of The Galaxy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...