Monday, January 19, 2015

Crafts: Duct Tape Serenity

This is my 100% Duct Tape Serenity, my pride and joy.

Via: io9

Jacob LaRocca displayed a duct tape Serenity at the 2013 Maker Faire.  If you’d like to learn how to make a Firefly-class ship of your own, head over to Imgur to check out the complete step-by-step build photos.
"My Name is Jacob LaRocca and I built this model of Serentiy over the course of 6 months, in around 110 hours of work. It contains 23 pounds of duct tape, and 27 rolls were consumed in the process. UPDATE: The Planet Express has won for the vote of my next project with the Deadalus from SG-1 in second place. Stay Tuned! UPDATE: I am doing an AMA! Check it out! Check the comments for a link."


Computer for Scale (No Bananas were available)

This is me with Jewel Staite at Boston Comicon!

The Results


100% Duct Tape Serenity: 110 Hours of work, 23 pounds of tape, 27 rolls.  14,000 pictures taken.




Step 7:Spine V2, Neck

Step 8: Main Engine

Step 9: Preliminary Surface


Step 11: Destroy Engine V1



Step 16: Destroy and Rebuild the Cargo Bay


Step 17: Neck Rough Finish


Step 20: Greeblies!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...