Monday, December 1, 2014

Video: LEGO The Force Awakens



Unless you’ve been living under a rock this weekend, you’ve seen the new 88-second teaser for Star Wars: The Force Awakens and probably more than once.  And, sure as a character invented purely for the sake of comedy relief will ruin the new trilogy for us all, wherre there’s Star Wars, LEGO Star Wars will be right around the corner.  That’s exactly what FinalFeature did here, creating a LEGO-fied version of the teaser, just one day after the original dropped.

It took about 22 hours of non-stop work to put together this impressive stop-motion animated version of the teaser, capturing about 1500 frames along the way.
"I had nothing to do yesterday so I started once the trailer came out so I built the Falcon, The X-Wing, The speeder bike thingy, a mini tie fighter, tried to build all the sets, and get all my minifigures put together... then just filming took forever especially the the special effects... I tried stop motion in front of the green screen and that was hard and by this time it was 3am so like more than 12 hours (I took a 3 hour break somewhere) and then finally gave up and used sewing string for the X-Wing and just kind of moved my camera around the falcon, I wasn't as happy with the falcon shot but I cant work on it at all today so I had to finish it like 4 hours ago, but I just woke up to go to my grandparents house, and now you know everything about how it was made!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...