Thursday, November 13, 2014

Lego Creation: Company of Thorin



Pate-keetongu of Cyclopic Bricks recently posted a series in which he recreated Gandalf and all fourteen members of Thorin Oakenshield's party from Tolkien's The Hobbit.   I personally thought that Fili and Gandalf turned out especially well, but the sheer detail of this set tells me that Pate poured a lot of love into this project.

Of course, we've cover a lot of amazing Lord of the Rings Lego sets, including huge Minas Tirith and Rivendell sets, but I would pay good money to see these along side a giant Smaug in a scale Lake-town set.
"It took 656 days counting from Balin Bust posted before the premiere of An Unexpected Journey, or 580 days if counting from the posting date of Balin & Dwalin. That is around 10% of my current life, and that sound quite lot if you ask me! Naturally all the positive feedback I got during the project on Flickr, Eurobricks and Palikkatakomo plus from friends from Bio-Klaani and surrondings gave me heaps of inspiration. This wasn’t a project at the beginning.

I just threw together Balin and Dwalin and Oin and Bifur and Thorin and there I went… And then somebody asked if I’ll build Gandalf and Bilbo and I said that yes, why not? And I’m glad I did, as they are iconic characters and turned out decent."





























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...