Thursday, October 23, 2014

Sweets: Blood Splatter Cookies

Blood Splatter Cookies - Annies Eats


Annie's Eats posted a tutorial for making these simple Blood Splatter Cookies two years back.  They're simple, but they look great.  Plus blood splatter takes a lot less time than many of the more intricate designs you see around the web this time of year.
"With Halloween just two days away, I thought I would share an idea for a creepy last-minute treat.  This weekend we were invited to a Halloween party and I volunteered to bring a few dessert items.  Of course at the time I had no idea what I would bring and I had about 24 hours until party time.  My mind was pondering various cookie ideas, and suddenly I remembered something I saw recently from the queen of decorated sugar cookies.  The splatter technique that Callye used to make her gorgeous autumn cookies could translate quite well to something a bit more gruesome.  And there was my solution.

These cookies are very easy, even for those who are less than confident in their decorating skills, since basically all you do is fling icing around."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...