Monday, September 8, 2014

Paintings: Together, or not at all

"Together, or not at all."I adore this…drawing from previous episodes of Smith’s run and utilizing the sun flowers and the Van Gogh-esque brush strokes? This is incredible. In-CREDIBLE.

Prints available for purchase from Society6. US$15 - $20

I love Liu's use of Van Gogh-esque brush strokes in this piece. It's a very nice reference to one of my favorite episodes.
"This is a slightly altered version than what I had submitted to the fan book, but I think this version works a bit better. The original version has the Doctor reaching out towards them from the rooftop. I think taking him out (ahh, sorry Eleven!), there's more focus on paying tribute to the Ponds, and it's a bit less distracting and a little more open to interpretation. I guess it also makes the fanbook version a bit more exclusive!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...